Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Things!






ROMANCE!!!

It's been pure romance around the Engelson place since the sun has arrived! (Yes, Washingtonians, that yellowish orb in the sky does emit heat.) This is truly a wonderful time of year, and I have to make myself come in and go to bed at night when I really want to stay outside enjoying God's beauty! What a wonderful gift we have been given that we are part of this masterpiece of life! I love this season, everything from fresh-cut lawn and planting gardens to dirty feet and brown bathwater, from earthworms to butterflies, and especially croaking frogs in the evenings. We have been working our tails off outside this year, turning our yard into a little oasis. We have planted a sunflower hide-out for the kids (PLEEEASE GROW!!!), a vegetable garden, a few flower gardens, an herb garden, plus more!

Above we have pictures of Faith and her gardens of which she is very proud! I thought I would end with this children's poem by William Wordsworth. I love our collection of poetry books illustrated by Gyo Fujikawa and would reccomend them to anyone.

Daffodils

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd-
A host of golden daffodils
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I, at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed-and gazed-but little thought
what wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude:
And then my heart with pleasure fills, and dances with the daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment