Monday, May 24, 2010



First Night alone, we dropped off the kids at the Samiis (Thani you, guys!) and hit Pho in Everett before staying over at Brandon and Heather's before our early flight Saturday.






Saturday evening we arrived, walked on the beach, and found a quick dinner at Senor Frog's.


Marlin fishing is huge down there.


Our beach






We took a free ferry over to a private island by our resort where we could lay on a secluded beach and order whatever we wanted..


Mazatlan has the longest beach boardwalk in Mexico.



Kyle loved his food from El Shrimp Bucket. We liked the cactus.

I loved the fitness facility on the beach for the locals. I also spent lots of mornings running along the boardwalk.


Cliff divers



Downtown in Old Mazatlan







We stayed at the beautiful El Cid Marina.


All inclusive lobster for me


All inclusive seafood platter for Kyle


Doesn't he look happy?


view from dining place



Like all the ten-year-old girls there, I had to get the beach braids.


All inclusive fiesta dinner theatre




down town again









young coconuts on the street with chili and lime; appleals to the raw foodist in me






My favorite day: zip lining over Sinaloa






agave plants



agave, used for making tequila; tastes like sweet potato


old tequila factory









I wandered off while everyone was enjoying their free tequila and climbed this big tree.


more pics of Kyle's food


another dining area

Good bye, Mazatlan. Thank you, Kurt, so much for the most amazing anniversary present we could possibly have asked for!

2 comments:

  1. Rana-- SO beautiful!!! (minus the pig heads!! lol) thank you so much for sharing these... for whatever reason the Mexico pics brought me to tears.. I guess I just love seeing couples getting away w/out kids to enjoy & celebrate each other ;) SO glad you two go to do that!! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures Rana! Looks like you two had a wonderful, well deserved vacation.

    ReplyDelete